Since I changed my job, I take public transportation (read: bus) every day. What I normally do on the bus is listening to my podcasts. That’s why I’ve been using Nokia’s Podcasting application very extensively. For your information, you can download it from Nokia’s web site. Some newer devices have already included Podcasting application as well.
One thing that I was wondering on Podcasting application is how to import OPML file. After googling it, I found a nice article from Symbian Guru, How To: Importing OPML Files Into Nokia Podcasting. For those who have never used OPML, it is an XML file used to exchange web feeds between different application/services. For instance, if you have a list of blogs on Google Reader and want to transfer it to Feed Reader, you can use OPML. You export your blogs list from Google Reader as OPML file and then import it to Feed Reader.
Here is the summary of how to import OPML file to Nokia Podcasting application (for detail steps, please visit Symbian Guru’s posting).
- Prepare OPML file. For example, if you are using iTunes, you can select Files | Export menu.
- Copy the OPML file to your device, either to phone memory or memory card.
- Launch Podcasting application.
- Go to Directories section.
- Select Options | Import OPML file menu.